Relationships are complex, even when they may seem “normal.” When divorce occurs the complexity of a relationship increases. Here are six reasons that shed light on why hiring a private investigator may make sense when divorce occurs.
1. Hidden Money — Many times a divorce is a process that begins long before the lawyers are involved. In that time, there is plenty of opportunity for one spouse or the other to hide assets such as money. After all, if money is successfully hidden, then they don’t have to split it with the person they are divorcing.
2. Impact Custody Decisions — Many divorces involve custody of children. In situations where addiction is an issue, a private investigator can successfully show illicit behavior that impacts the safety of your children. That evidence can help your case in court.
3. Can Prove Reasons for Divorce Including Infidelity — For many marriages, infidelity is a deal breaker. Hiring a private investigator can provide solid evidence of infidelity and help the aggrieved party make an informed decision about divorce.
4. Improve the Safety of Children — If your spouse has already moved in with a new romantic partner, a private investigator can run background checks on that person to make sure that they are fit to be around children. They can help uncover child predators, felons, and people with an unscrupulous past.
5. Expose Criminal Activities — If your spouse is involved in crime, a private investigator can expose the criminal activity. Such evidence goes a long way in helping you decide if a divorce is right for you and can help keep children safe too.
Provide Closure — Have you spent years wondering about infidelity? Do you wonder if your spouse really works late? There are many reasons that people file for divorce and hiring a private investigator can help fill in the blanks for you. You can find out the truth and then make a decision to file for divorce or to work out your problems. Not all divorces are caused by cheating or abuse. Sometimes people just grow apart. Whatever the reasons for your divorce, a private investigator has your best interests at heart. When you need the truth, whether it is ugly or a surprise, a private investigator has the skills and experience to help you find answers to your questions.