Workplace fraud is not something that any company wants to think is possible with their employees. Unfortunately, with the rise of technology, more complex and diverse tools are available for those who might be tempted to engage in fraudulent behavior, such as embezzlement. Private investigator companies can help businesses identify and address such activity to reduce its effects on the integrity of the business.
1. Forensic Investigations
When employee embezzlement is suspected, private investigative companies can perform forensic testing on the company’s computer system as well as its finances. Gathering computer evidence, such as hacking activity, email history and metadata that pinpoints file creation dates, helps a company build a case discreetly. Financial irregularities uncovered by forensic accounting can lead to evidence that is admissible in court.
2. Skilled Surveillance
Surveillance is a tool long associated with private investigator companies. An important component in gathering evidence that supports suspicions of embezzlement, surveillance often uses tools such as video as well as direct observation of the individual(s) in question. In complex cases, a member of the private investigative company could pose as an employee in an effort to gather critical insider information about the fraudulent activities. Using a highly-trained private investigator reduces the risks associated with this type of operation while increasing the odds of success.
3. Electronic Recording Device Detection
An employee engaged in embezzling funds from a company’s coffers may have hidden electronic recording devices in key offices in an effort to obtain sensitive information. Similarly, such devices can also be installed as programs on a company’s computers without their knowledge. Private investigation companies can detect all types of electronic recording devices that could be used in an office. Even the more sophisticated technology that is often found on computer programs can be successfully tracked and disabled by a well-trained private investigator.
Private investigative companies provide invaluable services for companies that suspect embezzlement. These professionals utilize techniques that gather evidence that can be used in court to recoup the losses of the business and bring the criminal to justice.
Security guard companies can make a huge difference for your company or organization. The secret to security for your business doesn’t need to be kept behind a locked door, only to come out when you have a big event or a local disturbance.
You can have 24-hour security and a wealth of other services by hiring a reputable, licensed security guard company. Not only will you be putting your business security into the hands of the professionals, you’ll have the confidence that comes with knowing you’ve done the best for your business, your products and your employees.
In addition to the real services offered by security guard companies, you will enjoy the intangibles of that sense of protection, the knowledge that you’re being proactive and taking preventative measures. The tangibles that a full-service security guard company like Absolute Investigative Services can provide include:
- 24-hour security – On-site or monitored off-site, but it will be 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Armed or unarmed guards – Just the presence of an armed guard can deter criminals. Even seeing an unarmed guard at the door or on the property is intimidating enough that the amateur offender will give up and choose an easier target. Guards on-site also make employees and visitors feel safer. They can walk people to their cars in deserted parking lots and look out for strangers on the property.
- Marked and unmarked security vehicles – Security guard presence at your business means business. A deterrent, it is also a silent sign citing, “this is a safe work place.”
- Radio communication with patrol cars – For peace of mind, you can have the capability to communicate with patrol cars on your premises.
- Executive protection – Think “body guard,” but more subtle. These guards can be uniformed or plain-clothed, but their sole mission is to keep their assigned person safe. They enter rooms ahead of the subject, they check out the situation, their eyes are always moving, anticipating, preparing.
- Handling crimes – A security guard company can also be there to handle any crimes that do occur. They will make your job easier and they know the protocol to make sure the perpetrator comes to trial.
Relationships are complex, even when they may seem “normal.” When divorce occurs the complexity of a relationship increases. Here are six reasons that shed light on why hiring a private investigator may make sense when divorce occurs.
1. Hidden Money — Many times a divorce is a process that begins long before the lawyers are involved. In that time, there is plenty of opportunity for one spouse or the other to hide assets such as money. After all, if money is successfully hidden, then they don’t have to split it with the person they are divorcing.
2. Impact Custody Decisions — Many divorces involve custody of children. In situations where addiction is an issue, a private investigator can successfully show illicit behavior that impacts the safety of your children. That evidence can help your case in court.
3. Can Prove Reasons for Divorce Including Infidelity — For many marriages, infidelity is a deal breaker. Hiring a private investigator can provide solid evidence of infidelity and help the aggrieved party make an informed decision about divorce.
4. Improve the Safety of Children — If your spouse has already moved in with a new romantic partner, a private investigator can run background checks on that person to make sure that they are fit to be around children. They can help uncover child predators, felons, and people with an unscrupulous past.
5. Expose Criminal Activities — If your spouse is involved in crime, a private investigator can expose the criminal activity. Such evidence goes a long way in helping you decide if a divorce is right for you and can help keep children safe too.
Provide Closure — Have you spent years wondering about infidelity? Do you wonder if your spouse really works late? There are many reasons that people file for divorce and hiring a private investigator can help fill in the blanks for you. You can find out the truth and then make a decision to file for divorce or to work out your problems. Not all divorces are caused by cheating or abuse. Sometimes people just grow apart. Whatever the reasons for your divorce, a private investigator has your best interests at heart. When you need the truth, whether it is ugly or a surprise, a private investigator has the skills and experience to help you find answers to your questions.